Facts you need to know about the
FenderSplendor® FS 502 Coating Thickness Gauge (Mil Gauge)
The FenderSplendor FS 502 Coating Thickness Gauge (Mil Gauge) meets the standards of both ISO-2178 and ISO-2361as well as DIN, ASTM and BS. The FS 502 is suitable for the laboratory and for use in harsh field conditions.
TheF probes measure the thickness of nonmagnetic materials (e.g. paint, plastic, porcelain enamel, copper, zinc, aluminum, chrome etc.) on magnetic materials (e.g. iron, nickel, steel,etc.) . Often used to measure the thickness of galvanizing layer, lacquer layer, porcelain enamel layer, phosphide layer, copper tile, aluminum tile, some alloy tile, paper etc.
The Nfe probes measure the thickness of nonmagnetic coatings on non-magnetic metals. It is used on anodizing, varnish, paint, enamel, plastic coatings, powder, etc. applied to aluminum, brass, non-magnetic stainless steel, etc.
- Automatic substrate recognition.
- Manual or automatic shut down.
- Two measurement mode: Single and Continuous
- Wide measuring range and high resolution.
- Metric/Imperial readings, mils and microns.
- Digital display gives exact reading with no guessing or errors.
- Cool Blue Lighted display is perfect for low light situations.
- The use of durable, long-lasting components, including a strong, light weight ABS-plastic body assures maintenance free performance for years.
Display: 4 digits, 10 mm LCD
Range: 0~1250 um/0~50mil
Resolution: 0.1 um (0~99.9um)
1 um (over 100um)
Accuracy: 1~3%n or 2.5 um or 0.1mil (Whichever is the greater)
PC interface: with RS-232C interface
RS-232C cable & software: not included
(The above are optional accessories)
Power supply: 3 x 1.5 AAA(UM-4) battery
Operating condition: Temp. 0~50
Size: (4.25 x 2.25 x 1.25 in.)
Weight: 3.8 oz. with 3 AAA Batteries and Carrying Case
Test Substrate (Iron)
Test Substrate (Aluminum)
Embossed leather belt holster